In response to our rapidly changing world, IIDA brings you a design-focused dialogue on the effects of a global crisis. Watch the third webinar in the series today.
IIDA Executive Vice President and CEO Cheryl S. Durst, Hon FIIDA, and Ryan Ben, IIDA’s student engagement and advancement manager hosted a panel of educators and students for this important community discussion focused on design education and career planning during a time of transition. The conversation focused on how have personal priorities shifted, how are educators and professionals identifying the best ways to support students and soon-to-be graduates, and how are students adjusting to the drastically changing educational and employment landscape.
Hear panelists discuss ways to continue personal and professional development as we shelter in place; what internships will look like; how to maintain community; and how to ask for help or offer it.
This webinar is registered for 1 IDCEC HSW CEU. To learn how to earn your CEU credit, visit IIDA.org for more information.
Key takeaways include:
- Taking care of your mental, emotional, and physical health can be your top priority—you’ll be better prepared to care for others and design.
- Lean into community. Show up to virtual events, programs, webinars, and virtual socializing and continue to develop and maintain meaningful relationships.
- Leverage virtual tools and programs in the classroom so they can be used at any time. You may have to re-think your curriculum as an educator, and use a variety of apps to communicate and share new ideas in an inclusive way.
- Meet students where they are at to connect them with the information that they need. Firms and professionals should continue to work with students and educators, offering opportunities for enrichment and mentoring.
- Professionals and students alike can continue to learn and develop their careers by studying for the NCIDQ and WELL exams.
- Now is the time for service—think beyond design, connect the dots to the current need, and explore ways you can best contribute.
Watch all the webinars in the series here.
Cheryl S. Durst, Hon FIIDA
IIDA Executive Vice President and CEO
Student Engagement and Advancement Manager
Tyler Hatton, Student IIDA
The Ohio State University
Campus Center Co-Leader
Rebekah Matheny, IIDA
Assistant Professor of Interior Design, Department of Design
The Ohio State University
Jon Otis, IIDA
Founder and Principal, Object Agency (OlA)
Professor, Pratt Institute
Meghan Webster, AIA
Principal and Global Education Practice Area Leader
The next webinar in the series, Human Resources: The New Normal and Opportunity will take place on April 16, 2020, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Central. Register today.
Join IIDA for a discussion on the pandemic’s short and long-term effects on talent and the impact on human resources within the design industry.