If you are a design student currently struggling or preparing for your next steps as you graduate in an uncertain time, reach out to IIDA for support. We are your community and we are here to listen and help.
IIDA is committed to providing educators and students resources, tools, and information during this challenging time. Below is a collection of essentials we think may be helpful as the situation continues to unfold. If you have questions, concerns, or resources to share, please contact Ryan Ben, student engagement and advancement manager, at email@example.com.
The health and well-being of our members are paramount, so we are asking everyone in the IIDA community to stay apprised of news from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the WHO (World Health Organization). IIDA has collected general information and links on our member resources page, which includes a specific section for students and educators. Links for financial information, creative services and apps, and tools to help facilitate teaching and learning remotely can all be found at that link.
We know students and educators use their IIDA membership to enhance their educational journeys, and we are looking forward to continuing to be a resource for this community. If at any point you need help accessing your membership, acquiring your member ID, or updating your membership information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
As a reminder, here are some excellent IIDA resources that can be accessed digitally:
- IIDA Collective D(esign) webinar series
The first two webinars are available to watch now: Responding to Change and Healthcare Designers at the Forefront.
- IIDA Publications
Of specific note are our Educator Roundtable series, Student Roundtable series, and our most recent IIDA Industry Roundtable, found here.
- IIDA Student Mentoring Program
In the past, this program has been focused on in-person job shadowing in the month of March. In light of recent events, we’ve extended the window to participate to June, and have extended the deadline for the Wilsonart Essay competition.
- Your local IIDA Chapter
While many chapter events and programs have been canceled or postponed, our dedicated volunteers and members are working diligently to stay active in their communities. If you have not already done so, you can find your local IIDA chapter here.
We also recommend signing up for your local chapter newsletter and to follow your local chapter on social media.
- Your IIDA peers
Utilizing your IIDA membership information, you can log into the membership database to connect with members in your area. If you need assistance utilizing this tool or recovering your login information, reach out to email@example.com.
If you are a campus center leader or faculty advisor and you need a list of current IIDA Student members at your campus, email Ryan directly.
At the bottom of this page, members will find a list of discounts and affinity programs they can utilize with their IIDA membership.
- Academy of Active Learning Arts and Science: Rapid Transition to Online learning is a free resource for educators as they make the transition to digital learning experiences.
- Babbel: Currently offering three free months of online language lessons for students.
- CiscoWebex: Providing free access to assist students and educators.
- Comcast: Offering free internet for low-income families.
- Libby: An excellent resource for your local public library.
- Local book stores: These can be supported through Indie Bound and Bookshop.org.
- National Emergency Library: Free access to digital books supporting emergency remote teaching, learning, and research, including textbooks.